Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sometimes, it feels further than ever.

If you've been reading my blog for quite awhile now, you'll realise I actually love to travel.
I mean, who doesn't?
But I really can't describe how I feel whenever I see pictures of people travelling or pictures of beautiful sights around the world.
My favourite would be those that are taken during winter days where the trees would be lit with Christmas lights. People walking past shops or cafes in their winter clothes and bokeh effects for the lights. Maybe a little snow would be good.



Winter would be my favourite season.

And I'm not sure if I've mentioned before that I really want to be an air stewardess after graduating.
I'll spend the two years travelling around before I start settling in Singapore and look for another job.
Everything sound so nice and ideal for me because it's something that I really look forward to in life and probably the only thing that makes me feel fulfilled.
Everybody has their destinies to fulfil, and this feels like mine.
People around me also think that this is right for me, something that can only be done either now or never.
Everybody except, Ben.
He is so strongly against the whole idea because of the time that we'll be spending apart and all the problems that may arise due to that.
I mean I've talked to him a couple of times about this and it never ends on a good note.
We'll both have our own stand and it's so hard for us to compromise.
He promises to bring me overseas every year and all, but it's different.
In future, we would have to plan when to take leave. Whether we should be going overseas or saving for something like a house, etc.
We'll have to fret about tickets, accomodation blah blah blah.
Just the thought of it really makes me shudder.

Take now for example, even a trip to HK makes us so @!^$!$^!*
Ben, his sis and I are planning a trip to HK around October.
My goodness, the air tickets are relatively cheap but the accomodation is crazy expensive.
We're already considering scraping the plan because of the hotel-stays.
Can you imagine?
Can you imagine if I'll ever be able to travel far without worrying so much about money matters?

Worst, it's so hurtful when people I love judge what I want to do in my life (travel) as something that I could do without.
Or that this is not really what I want, because he/she knows me.
Then in that case, you don't know me.
Not at all.

Must be the menses but I'm getting so emotional now.

I guess, it's so faraway...I should just live in sadness.