Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Baking class!

Just last Saturday afternoon, Ben and I attended our baking class.
You know, I'm really so glad that I've got such a good bf!
I could proudly say, the best bf that anyone could get?

Ben's not all that into baking but he's so willing to accompany me for baking classes!
(Nah, I din't threaten him into doing it. HAHAHA. It's not how I work.....okay it might be how I work usually but not for that)
Anyway it's so cute, it's the first time we're attending classes together.
It was so exciting!
HAHAHA
But anyway I'm so glad he's not in the same school/class for me.
We will never be able to focus in class if we're together.
But he was so cute, he started taking notes/tips in the recipe that was given to us, just like everyone else.
Sign #1 that he's actually serious and not just accompanying me for the sake of it.
But stupid boy kept trying to peep and copy whatever extra I wrote on my recipe and trying to compare with his own notes.
HAHAHAHA
So cute. 
Had to ask him to behave himself and keep quiet because I want to see what the teacher is doing.

As expected, he was the only guy in class.
At one point, the teacher told us to knead the dough given to us, into a certain elasticity.
She went up to him and said, "Guys should be able to do this faster....so yours should be good."
She tested it and it was good!
But when she came to me, she tested mine and said it's not good );
Sad.
But then that's what Ben is for right?
The teacher, herself, said that we could leave the kneading to guys.
HAAHAHAH
So yah this will be the last lesson for Ben since he already knows how to knead for me, hiak hiak.
Kidding.

Oh, and sign #2...after class Ben said he wants to try to bake cinnamon rolls for his mum and popo!
So we bought ingredients after class and went back home to bake!
Ben's sis (Daphne) also joined in, it must have looked fun!
Anyway we three kneaded the dough together and started competing whose dough would turn out the best.
HAHAHA
Btw, it's not easy task kneading the dough.
It was really hard work.
We were so tired from kneading it (no machine help at all).
But I had fun! HAHAHA I think we three had fun, although it was tiring!
Anyway, the baking class was really very useful!!
Our cinnamon rolls turned out really nice!
Soft and fluffy!! (Which I never ever achieved in the past 2 times I made my rolls)
Daphne, Ben's mum and I kept taking pics of the cinnamon rolls.
Shows how pleased we were, with ourselves.


Our combined dough which rose to such a huge size in such a short amount of time, we were shocked when we came home from dinner!
HAHAHA
Like a huge pau! It was 1 1/2 times of my face!


Close-up of our cinnamon rolls with raisin.

I am so proud of myself :D
Making bread has been something that I haven't been good in...but now I can proudly say that my bread turns out really soft and fluffy!
Like from bakeries, if I may say so. HIAK HIAK.
Thankful for Ben and his sister (:
Made my bread experience even better!

So, I made bread for my siblings so that they could bring to school or eat it for breakfast...etc.

Mini hotdog rolls.


Assorted bread.



Cannot wait to attend more baking classes.
I hope a pastry class starts really soon cos I want to make pies!
Chicken pies...croissants etc!

I'm starting Yoga class this thursday, with Daphne.
YAY YAY.
Some form of exercise.
Hope it offsets the bread I've been feeding and will be feeding myself.

Life's good so far, thank you (:
BTW READ THE ALCHEMIST BY PAULO COELHO, IF YOU HAVENT!!
IF NOT DO NOT CONSIDER YOURSELF AS MY FRIEND.
HAHAHAHA

Goodnight!!