Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Unlock achievement!

If you have known me long enough, you would realise that I'm actually a sucker for marriage and I can't wait to be married!
I honestly think that my sole purpose in life is just to get married and be married. The role of a housewife is perfect for me, or so I would think. I can bake, cook, sew and I can clean (but I quite hate cleaning). But that still wouldn't stop me from being the best housewife ever. Hell, I would marry me!
No really, I love marriage because I think it is the happiest stage in life. It's like an achievement everyone has to unlock!
 I've always imagined myself waiting for my husband to come home and I'll be in the kitchen preparing his tea and serving it to him. I'll be making his bath and preparing the meals. I know, it's a bit too extreme. HAHAHAH. I wouldn't be a full-time housewife if I get married.

Alright, this post might be a little too scary for Ben. If you are Ben, please look away....see the 'X' at the top right hand corner? 
Yessss, close it baby. Just click it and head to safety.

Watching videos of people getting married or proposals just makes me want to tear. 
I can't control myself from tearing because the moment I see either the groom or bride cry, tears will just start to gather. If you cannot understand why, let me tell you.

The part that I usually start to cry is when the groom stands at the altar and sees his bride walk in. The smile on his face will be the brightest of all the people in the room. I read from somewhere before (most probably Tumblr) that when the whole room looks to the bride as she enters, the person will not look at the bride but instead the groom. His eyes would tell that he is the happiest person and how much he loves her. I couldn't agree more, the groom's eyes would lit up immediately and it's the type of smile that they'll automatically break into. Don't you find that so touching? True happiness that comes straight from their heart.
At that moment in time, everyone witnesses how beautiful their love is. And I think, even those skeptics would believe momentarily in love and marriage.





Credits: Tumblr/Google
(If you can look at these pictures and not be touched, you must be cold-hearted. You better not get married)

The worse or best part for me is when the groom starts crying.  I've always a soft spot for men who cry because men are usually portrayed as such emotionless creatures while women are the extremely emotional ones. When a man cries, he must have broken through many barriers of self-control and that emotion which he feels must be extremely strong. The groom would start crying but start looking away to control himself but he can't. He smiles in between in an effort to stop crying but in the end, he can't because he feels extremely happy and cannot believe it's true. He can't because that that is the best day of his life and he is blissful, they are blissful. I could feel the amount of love that they have for each other and it is overwhelming. This is why I start tearing. The life after for the two of them is to bask and shower in love,happiness and to go through their lives together.

I might be painting an extremely rosy picture of marriage and I know that marriage is not just the wedding itself. I'm not an idiot to not know of the insecurities or whatever negative side marriages have. On the contrary, I am extremely familiar with the bad side of marriage. Far too familiar to still love the idea of a marriage, but I still love it.  

If you tell me stuff like what about divorces? What about him cheating on you....blah blah blah and so you'll never want to get married. I'm pretty sure that when a guy/girl that you love asks you to marry them, you'll say  "Yes!" and forget about your insecurities (temporarily). You throw yourself into this because you have loved this person with all your heart and you trust in him/her. You cannot control whatever that happens after, if it ends up in a divorce....so what can you do about it? What's so bad about a divorce that you can't handle? Isn't it like a breakup but a worse and more complicated version? 
You thought your boyfriend was the one, you loved him so much and yet you ended up in a breakup. Did you survive that? Did that cause you to stop being in relationships? If it hasn't, then shut up about not wanting to get married because you're scared it'll end in a divorce. How about you stop living because you're afraid to die?

I was talking to my friend about this and she says divorce will be very complicated because of the kids, financial stuff and telling about your divorce to friends and families. Will those that you're not even sure might happen actually stop you from getting married? You know what's sure to happen? That you'll feel extremely blissful and blessed when you get married. So why let things that you can't control or predict stop you?

If you're a real special case of anti-marriage person because of whatever reason, then I've nothing to say to you.
But if you're just scared of divorces, ask yourself if you're really that scared to not want to go through marriage because of it.

I STILL WANT TO GET MARRIED AND PLEASE INVITE ME TO YOUR WEDDINGS IN FUTURE SO THAT I CAN BAWL MY EYES OUT BECAUSE I AM SO HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU.

P.S After saying so much, Ben  BETTER DAMN WELL shed tears of joy when he sees me during our wedding. Else, I'll kick his balls till he starts crying!